The course offer of 2020-2021 will be announced as soon as possible.
You can enrol for our courses during the following periods:
Semester 1: June 15 2020 to September 25 2020
Semester 2: to be announced
Masterlanguage-courses are scheduled in the second period of the first semester (November-December) and the first period of the second semester (February-April).
Found an interesting course? During the enrolment period the course descriptions feature a button that takes you straight to the enrolment form.
Masterlanguage courses are provided by lecturers from the participating universities. A ‘home university’ that the subject is formally lodged with has been indicated per subject. This is the institution listed on the course page immediately below the course title.
Alongside course enrolment at the Masterlanguage office, you also have to enrol as a student taking subsidiary courses at the ‘home university’ if this isn’t your own university. This provides access to that institution’s digital learning environment and facilities. It is important to arrange this enrolment as a student taking subsidiary courses in a timely manner.
The following provides links to each participating university’s website for subsidiary course enrolment:
- Minor Courses – Utrecht University
- Electives – University of Amsterdam
- Inschrijven bijvakken – Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Registration procedure subsidiary course – University of Groningen
- Enrolling as a guest student – Leiden University (scroll down for registration form)
- Enrolling as a subsidiary student – Radboud University
- Go to https://www.ru.nl/currentstudents/registration/enrolment/forms/ and choose the right form (Request for enrolment as Master’s subsidiary student).
- If you want to take a course on literature or culture, enter in the first field of the form (examination board) “M Letterkunde” and in the second field (specialization) ‘Europese Letterkunde’.
If you want to take a linguistic course, enter in the first field (examination board) “M Linguistics’ and in the second field ‘General linguistics’ (specialization).
- Fill in the required information in all the other fields.
- Send the original form to:
Admission Officer Faculty of Arts
S. Mak, E. 7.28
6525 HT Nijmegen
- Please do not forget to also attach the following documents:
- an original Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees (BBC) to be obtained from your home institution (please note that a mere proof of registration is not enough!). A BBC can only be obtained if you pay the legal tuition fee.
- a copy of your passport or ID-card
- The admission officer will check your documents, sign the form and send your documents to the Student Information Desk.
After the start of a Masterlanguage course, the course coördinator receives a form in which he/she fills out the final grades for the participating students. This form is returned to Masterlanguage, where the staff sends the grades on to the university where the student is enrolled. That university will then arrange for the grade to be entered into a student’s file. This process can take between two or three weeks.
NB: if you want to have a Masterlanguage course count towards your degree, please check if that is allowed by your programme’s Board of Examiners.