The course catalogue 2022-2023 has been released!
Language, literature, and culture, that is what Masterlanguage is all about. The courses are taught in your target language, helping you to increase your proficiency even further.
Masterlanguage features courses in German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, and Classical Languages (Greek & Latin).
Curious? Click here for the course catalogue
Masterlanguage courses will take place in the second half of the first semester (November-December) and the first half of the second semester (February-April). Lectures are always scheduled on Friday.
For the academic year 2022-2023 the following registration periods apply:
June 16, 2023, to September 24, 2023
October 27, 2023, to January 7, 2024
Click here to read more about registration procedures.
What is Masterlanguage?
Are you looking for inspiring courses in and about your favourite language? Do you love examining language and culture from a variety of perspectives? Would you like to follow courses given by experts at different universities? If so, Masterlanguage is the programme for you.
Masterlanguage is a nationally organised course programme for master’s students in language and literature studies. If you are earning your master’s at one of the participating universities, you can take a Masterlanguage course as an elective.
Masterlanguage makes nation-wide expertise broadly available, thereby offering the highest quality of academic education to language and literature students throughout the Netherlands.
Your cup of tea? Read more here!
The advantages of Masterlanguage
- An additional opportunity to deepen and broaden your master’s.
- Courses feature an interdisciplinary orientation, bringing together linguistics, literature studies, cultural studies, communication and didactics.
- Courses on offer that focus on education itself and its societal impact, in which you concern yourself with the future of language education.
- You will be taking classes with motivated students from other universities, making Masterlanguage an excellent opportunity to enrich your professional network.
- Additional deepening and broadening activities, such as cultural excursions in the Netherlands and abroad, research seminars, and guest lectures by international experts and professionals.
Good to know:
- Masterlanguage lectures are always scheduled on Friday.
Curious about the courses offered in your language? Dive into our course catalogue here.
Where & When?
Masterlanguage education takes place at one of the participating universities. That could be your home university, but sometimes you will have to travel to a different city. Luckily, in the Netherlands, no city is ever really far away! If you are not in possession of a student travel product, you can get reimbursed for your travel expenses.
Masterlanguage courses always take place on Fridays; that way, classes are easy to schedule for everyone involved.
Want to know more about the practical aspects of Masterlanguage? Read more here.